Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Buttery: Revisited

In the flurry of the Christmas holidays and what felt like too many days of being on-call, I finally get a chance to relax, and realized that I'm behind on my posts (not to mention VERY behind on my research project).

As I sit here on the couch in Daniella's comfy apartment on 96th street and Park Ave, the internal debate rages: do I play with photos on Lightroom and add to my blog, or do I finally get to those over-due chart-reviews and prepare for the research presentation that is looming ever closer???

You can tell which one won out...

Last weekend a few of us had Saturday off, and Jason happened to be visiting Christina (all the way from Michigan), so brunch seemed like a good idea. Although Ameeka and I have already been to The Buttery in Boston's South End (you can see my previous post on that visit), none of the others had, and they voted for it to be our destination.


Normally I'd try to be a bully and insist that we try some place new - for the sake of my blog as well as to excite my taste buds - but this time I gave in without a fight. Jason has been gimpy ever since tearing his MCL (medial collateral ligament) while playing hockey a few weeks ago, and Christina's been battling a terrible cold ever since our program shipped her out to St. Vincent's Hospital in the Worcester boonies around the same time.

Watching Jason gimp around in his crutches (which he's actually quite speedy on), and hearing Christina's lumberjack-deep rumbling Adenovirus-induced voice, were enough to spark sympathy even in my cold, cold heart, and I decided to let them have what they wanted.

Finally, to add another ailment to our list of disasters, Ammara had been to the dentist immediately before we were planning to eat, and the nerve block they gave her resulted in slight facial droop on the left side. She handled it well though, and neither drooled nor did she end up biting herself at all during the meal.

Ameeka ordered the huevos rancheros: 2 eggs (she chose sunny side up) with guacamole, quesadilla, black beans, sour cream, and home fries (although the menu says tomato salsa)


Jason ordered the chocolate chip banana pancakes with whipped cream and side of Vermont maple syrup


I chose the smoked salmon and eggs: chive-scrambled eggs with smoked salmon, mixed greens, and home fries


Ammara ordered the Buttery Breakfast (I ordered this last time and you can check my previous post for the picture) while Christina ordered the New England crab cake sandwich (a picture of this can be found on my previous post also) 


Once again The Buttery did not disappoint. The food was good and it was nice having a free Saturday with no responsibilities but last-minute Christmas shopping. Ok and maybe also a research project hanging over my head. That I probably should have worked on with my free time. But I'm not going to dwell on that right now

Cheers!



 Overall rating: Unchanged


The Buttery
314 Shawmut Avenue
Boston, MA 02118

No comments:

Post a Comment