Saturday, September 29, 2012

Lady M Cake Boutique in the Plaza Hotel

About 2 years ago the Plaza Hotel opened up a European-inspired "food hall" in collaboration with chef Todd English. I had never gotten a chance to visit prior to my move away from NYC - and in fact I didn't even know it existed until Jenn suggested a field trip there.

 We dropped in right after our lunch at Marea, so obviously none of us were hungry, but as we were browsing the shops, we noticed the Lady M Cake Boutique and their crepe cake.




I've been aching to try a crepe cake for a pretty long time, but have yet to find any bakeries in my area that offer it (let's face it - the food scene in Boston may be adequate, but it can't compare to NYC). The three of us shared a slice, and yes - it's as yummy as it's reputation would have you believe. Made of many, many layers of thin crepes and whipped cream, it was incredibly light and almost melt-in-your-mouth. I could probably eat an entire cake on my own




This was definitely one of the best cakes I've ever had - and for those of you who have already checked out and loved Eataly (Mario Batali's brain-child that is also inspired by the European-style food halls), the Plaza's other shops are worth a visit too


Jenn wanted this Plaza Hotel teddy bear, but as I reminded her: she's no longer 5...




Overall rating: 9.5/10


1 West 59th Street
New York, NY 10019

No comments:

Post a Comment