Thursday, July 26, 2012

Momiji

On my first real night back in the old 'hood for my friend Julie's wedding, we decided to head over to Momiji for a sushi dinner - because no one does sushi as well as the West Coast.

I've been oddly exhausted since my arrival - in fact almost delirious with exhaustion - so I can hardly remember what happened at dinner or what the food was like. I think it was yummy. Looking back at the pictures, I'm almost positive that everything was delicious - especially since I ate 2 whole rolls and an appetizer all by myself - but details are blurry

Rather than writing a play-by-play of the quality of the food, let's just enjoy the photographic evidence that I was indeed there:


Appetizers:

Rainbow Tower: (Julie's) consisting of tuna, salmon, shrimp, yellowtail, and avocado over sushi rice with cilantro aioli, tobiko, and onion



Salmon Tartare: (Mine): Salmon with black tobiko, chives, and wasabi soy mustard sauce




Entrees/Sushi:

Chirashi Bowl: (Jenn's) Assortment of sashimi over rice



Street Fighter: (Czarina's) Crab mayo mix with cucumber and cilantro topped with 7-spice seared tuna, garlic ponzu, shishito peppers, and jalapenos


Flaming Tuna: (Mine) Spicy tuna, cucumber, and avocado topped with spicy yellowtail, black tobiko, and spicy mayo


Spicy Rainbow: (Mine) Spicy crab mayo mix with cucumber topped with tuna, salmon, yellowtail, shrimp, avocado, and tobiko with spicy mayonnaise






Overall Rating: 7.5/10


Momiji
1522 12th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98122

No comments:

Post a Comment