Monday, August 12, 2013

DBGB

This post has been a long time coming. What with my recent move back to NYC and starting a new job at a new hospital, my poor camera and stomach have been neglected.


My pal Alex actually visited the city shortly after I made my move back, and since I was craving a burger, we decided to do lunch at DBGB - located down near Soho

They have 3 burger options on their menu:

1. The Yankee (this is the one I chose): 6oz patty with iceberg lettuce, tomato, and onion on a sesame seed bun




2. The Piggy: 6oz beef patty topped with pulled pork, jalapeno mayonnaise, and Boston lettuce on a cheddar bun (not sure what "Boston lettuce" is... last I checked, Boston isn't exactly the place for growing vegetables)

3.  The Frenchie: 6oz beef patty with confit pork belly, arugula, tomato-onion compote, and morbier cheese on a peppered brioche bun (I don't think I understood what half of those ingredients are...)


I got my burger medium-rare (which in my opinion is the only real way to have a burger - unless of course you're eating at McDonalds - in which case you need to "well-done" that patty or else risk catching that H1N1 E-coli diarrhea)

My burger ended up being a bit over-cooked, so wasn't outstanding, but it was tolerable


Overall rating: 6.5/10

DBGB
299 Bowry
New York, NY 10003

No comments:

Post a Comment