Thursday, April 4, 2013

Butcher Shop


 Last weekend Meghan and I had lunch at The Butcher Shop, in Boston's South End. The Butcher Shop is very appropriately named, since aside from being a restaurant, it also serves as a real butcher shop.

Being the carnivore that I am, I've been excited to try this place for a long time.


 As an appetizer, I chose the duck liver mousse:  (they didn't give me extra bread for this... I wonder if people are expected to eat it as-is...?)



While Meghan had the house salad:


For our main dishes, Meghan had the butternut squash soup with kale and chickpeas:




Whereas I went for the Orecchitte: with cauliflower, gouda cheese, and romanesco



Here's a second, slightly closer look at the yummy cheese and cauliflower:


Given the concept behind this place, I was surprised that the menu wasn't composed entirely of different slabs of cow or pig. Granted - the lunch menu IS pretty limited.  However, the pasta I had was yummy, the atmosphere was very relaxed, and I didn't find myself being disappointed in the end.


Overall rating: 7.5/10


552 Tremont St
Boston, MA 02118

No comments:

Post a Comment