Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Tea at the Four Seasons, Boston


Last Saturday Ameeka and I had the chance to have tea at the Four Seasons Hotel, near the Boston Commons. Tea is held in the Bristol Lounge, which looks more like a restaurant than a lounge.


Like at the Taj, the treats accompanying tea came on a 3-tiered tray, but unlike at the Taj, the dessert selection was limited. No Madelines or chocolate covered strawberries here...


For my tea, I chose the Jasmine flavor - which was (as you would expect based on the name) very flowery. I usually love to drown my tea in sugar and cream/milk, but that didn't seem appropriate in this case, so I drank it China-style: sans-condiments


The condiments were offered in a cute way: rather than sugar packets, our table was served sugar sticks, and the honey came in tiny little pots:


Rather than two flavors of scones, the Four Seasons offers one scone - of the cranberry variety:


and a "tea bread" which was poppyseed in flavor:


The tea sandwiches included the typical cucumber with cream (stingy on the cucumber at the Four Seasons) and chicken salad sandwiches:


as well as a smoked salmon with cream cheese:


Desserts included a pistachio cream puff, walnut cake, and lemon tart:


I was more a fan of the atmosphere at the Four Seasons than the food. It was classy - as you would expect from a luxury hotel setting, but also casual: there was a bachelorette party at one of the tables near us. I don't think that I would choose high tea for my bachelorette event, but hey - whatever floats your boat...


(Photos courtesy of my handy Droid - not quite the quality of my D90, but more portable and was the one with a charged battery...)

Overall rating: 6/10


Four Seasons
200 Boylston St
Boston, MA 02116

No comments:

Post a Comment