Monday, March 31, 2014

Sushi Yasaka


Unfortunately Anna and I didn't get any sushi while we were on our West Coast vacation, so last week after getting back to NYC, that was exactly what I was craving.

Daniella suggested a place called Sushi Yasaka - located in the Upper West Side. She knows I love Omakase, and this place offers one for the reasonable price of just $45.


We were all starving and started off with two appetizers:

The first was the Ebi Shinjo: fried rock shrimp with a spicy tomato-based dipping sauce. The shrimp was a shrimp paste shaped into balls rather than whole shrimp, but still tasty




Additionally we got the shrimp and vegetable tempura (a must-have for me at any Japanese restaurant):


For dinner itself, we all chose to have the Yasaka Omakase:







Unagi (upper left), and uni (front middle)


Salmon (left), Toro/Tuna (right), and shrimp (upper right)


Red snapper



The fish was fresh and all of it was delicious (my least favorite was the silver/gray fish which I can't remember the name of - it had a slightly stronger fish-flavor than I usually like)


Of course for dessert we have the green tea crepe cake:


So delicious :D


The prices here are amazing - especially given the good quality of the fish. I assume it's because the restaurant has a high volume of customers and can therefore offer more competitive rates on their food

Even though it's all the way on the West Side, I will definitely be back! Yum yum



Overall rating: 8.5/10

251 W 72nd St
New York, NY 10023

No comments:

Post a Comment