Friday, September 27, 2013

Maison Kayser

What do you do when your dinner with friends is cut short by a crazy (and possibly homeless and/or intoxicated) lady who sits down next to you and starts eavesdropping on your conversation (with periodic interruptions and laughs)?


Move on to dessert! We chose Maison Kayser in the Upper East Side - just a few blocks away from my apartment (and I never knew about it until now??!!)


As you can guess by the name, it's French - or at least French themed - and the waiters were all dressed in adorable striped shirts and black suspenders.


I ordered the frozen hot chocolate (Anna and Daniella had coffee):


It was less sweet than what you would get at Serendipity 3, but rich and creamy


Anna opted for the raspberry tart:



Daniella had the Paris Brest (the outer pastry is similar to what you would get with a cream puff, and the inner filling was a hazelnut cream)


I chose the pistachio eclair (my first choice had actually been the crème brûlée, but they had run out by the time we arrived)


This dessert spot also serves dinner, but all the positive reviews that I've seen online were for their delicious breads and pastries.

The eclair was pretty good, but not earth shattering. Anna loved her tart, and Daniella's dessert was decent too.

Who knows - I might have swooned over the crème brûlée, but we'll have to wait until next time to find out.  I'll even give their brioche a try (they have 5 different kinds!!)



Maison Kayser
1294 3rd Ave
New York, NY 10021

No comments:

Post a Comment