Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sweet

Yesterday I had intended to do some shopping on Newbury Street, and yet somehow the only thing that I came home with were cupcakes

Sweet opened about a year ago at it's Newbury location, and also has several others across Boston - including in Harvard Square and Downtown

I've been here several times, and at each visit they've had new flavors to match the season

The guy behind the counter somehow convinced me to buy 4: stating that it would be a "better deal." At the time it didn't even cross my mind that I shouldn't be eating 4 cupcakes.


1. Dark chocolate with vanilla frosting:


2. Pumpkin pie: the icing on this cupcake was whipped and delicious, but the cake part of the cupcake was a bit more dense than I would have liked



3. Apple pie:

This was probably the best of the four, with whipped icing that was so light, it feels like it literally just disappears after touching your tongue. In the center there was a small amount of apple jam:


4. French toast: my least favorite of the four flavors - the icing was too sweet and heavier than that of the apple pie and pumpkin pie cupcakes, and once again the cake was more dense than that found in the apple pie cupcake 


Although not all of the cupcakes were a hit, overall Sweet is one of the better shops that I've found thus far in Boston, and location is ideal for a pick-me-up on an otherwise disappointing shopping day


Overall rating: 7/10


225 Newbury Street,
Boston, MA 02116

No comments:

Post a Comment