Sunday, August 15, 2010

Luke's Lobster


This afternoon I dragged my buddy Aaron with me to get lobster rolls - which I've been aching to try ever since I moved to the East coast. We chose Luke's Lobster on 7th street and 1st avenue because he went to school with the VP (who sadly wasn't there when we arrived today), and word on the street is that their rolls are pretty darn good. They reputedly use more lobster and less filler (including less mayo - which is good considering the fact that I'm now 5 years over-due for a cholesterol check. New guidelines say that everyone should get their cholesterol screened at the age of 20, and then every five years after.)

We both ordered the lobster roll, although they also have the option for crab rolls or shrimp rolls:


I thought it was great - I loved the fact that the outside of the roll was buttered, and the lobster was clearly fresh. My only gripe: I wish that the bun on my roll had been warmer (although it was light and fluffy nonetheless).


As per Aaron, it was one of the best "sandwiches" he's ever had, but he was disappointed by the size. We both finished in less than 10 bites. To fill him up, we had to stop by a bakery on the way home - not that I'm complaining! I got half a pound of cookies for myself too :)


Overall rating: 7/10

Luke's Lobster
93 East 7th Street
New York, NY 10009

No comments:

Post a Comment